The Global Scoutlink Council Meeting,
Grandpa fips_de Leon Jabiru tely falcon Ellie
Coxswain Iron[Fe26 tinge nitie no-use Beluga
1. Newsletter - Wraith has made a basic webpage (http://news.wraith.mine.nu) which is still in production.The webteam will make a new website when they are done with the main sl website.People are to send in what they think should be in the newspaper,eg. if they have been on a camp with scoutlinkers, or anything else related to scoutlink they wish to share.There will be a pre-JOTI edition with info about JOTI. Peregrine from
2. Discipline of chanops/ IRCOPS - CALL FOR VOTE: Scoutlink Council reserves the right to suspend/terminate any user's rights or privileges on Scoutlink Services for what ever reason it sees fit. The user may appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasons for revoking should be given, and the user should be heard before the decision is made.Council's decision stands as final. Vote carried.
3. Scoutlink Planning - postponed to next month - Jabiru has been AFK due to work and will try and get this sorted shortly.
4. ERSIS Results - Thanks to tinge, woody and no-use for their promotion of Scoutlink at this conference.
5. Council Forum - Is now up and running. No-use to draft up complete directions on how to use this effectively.
1. Call logging - CALL FOR VOTE: The help channel ( used during JOTI) may be logged using a custom log and the log may be used for help purposes ONLY. It is not allowed to be used to identify people.
2. Bot Team - Proposal for bot team to be stand alone team on SL, reporting to TT, looking after and incorporating all bots on SL.CALL FOR VOTE: Should a bot team be set up whose members are not TT members but report problems etc. to TT and work with TT. The bot team's task is to keep bots running
All in favour. A list of members of the bot team will be submitted to Council by Ellie.
3.Polish participant at next meeting - The Polish group asked for a channel, however there have not been many users to date. Grandpa will draft a letter to the contact he has and invite him to the next meeting as well as talk about JOTI and bringing their users to chat.
4. Private channel for Explorer Scouts - The Explorer Scouts (formerly Ventures in some countries) are looking for a unique channel. We are hesitant to change the name as Explorer Scouts is not a title unique to all Scouting/Guiding communities. But perhaps a name suggesting the age of the users would be more appropriate. Council agreed to put forth a proposal to the GYC to take a poll on the youth users as to what they would like to see done with the channel eg rename, simply use #youth etc.
5. Harlem Jamboree name - CALL FOR VOTE: The name #HJ should not be used. Council would like to replace it with another name, because HJ could be associated with a Nazi youth organisation in
A special thankyou to Grandpa for your efforts as deputy CC Germany while fips_de was away.
#Youth Report for June 2003
The channel has been a little quieter than usual over the past month although there have been a few newcomers, including members from the National Youth Council of Scouts Australia.
The youth team took disciplinary actions against Jovaro and OzyVent with them both losing their chanop privileges for a month in their respective channels.
JOTI preparations are slowly falling into place. We are currently recruiting regulars for chanops and additional questions have been added to Magnus who
will be used in #youth-quiz during JOTI.
Next meeting Saturday Aug 2/03 at 2200 GMT