The main event of the year for ScoutLink is the World Scout Jamboree On The Internet (JOTI) which is held on the third weekend of October every year. During the 2007 JOTI ScoutLink broke its record and had 5165 simultaneous connections to the network.
ScoutLink is also the host of World Thinking Day chats in which the Girl Guides and Girl Scouts get together, rather like a mini-JOTI, and celebrate their Founders: Lord and Lady Baden-Powell.
For the past two years ScoutLink has also been the major host of the Asia Pacific Internet Jamboree (API-JAM) which is held during August each year and is organised by a different National Scout Association of the Asia Pacific Region each time. Australia played host in 2005; Japan in 2006.
During the European Jamboree, Eurojam, organised by the European Regional Office of the World Scout Bureau, ScoutLink had specific channels dedicated for the participants of Eurojam.
Several of the ScoutLink Regions hold IRC Camps. This is where regular ScoutLink users gather together for a camp to meet each other in real life (IRL) and to catch up on the gossip since the last IRC Camp. The camps that are held regularly are:
- OZANZ - Originally conceived in 1998 by Stx (the then CC Australia) and Sez & Tely (the then joint CCs New Zealand) - This camp is organised is by members of the OZANZ region - Australia, Asia & New Zealand. The camp has no set schedule of occurrence. It is held whenever someone is prepared to organise it and there is enough interest. OZANZ has been held in locations in Australia and New Zealand.
- 1998 Melbourne, Australia
- 1999 Clevedon, New Zealand
- 2000 Perth, Australia
- 2002 Sydney, Australia
- 2004 Adelaide, Australia (held as a meeting at the 20th Australian Jamboree)
- 2005 Alice Springs, Australia
- 2007 ScoutLink@AJ2007, Australia
See the ScoutLink Australia OZANZ page for further information.
- NorthAm - Originally organised by Bobwhite, USA and Rikki, Canada, Now organised by Eeyore, Canada. This camp, as the name may suggest, is held for ScoutLink users from the North American Continent and usually alternates between the USA and Canada.
- 1997 Ontario, Canada
- 1998 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- 1999 Canada
- 2000 USA
- 2001 Sombra, Ontario, Canada
- 2002 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2006 Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
- 2007 Sombra, Ontario, Canada
- 2008 Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada
- 2009 Juneau, Alaska, USA
- 2010 Chilliwack, British Coloumbia, Canada or Escalante, Utah, USA
- 2011 Florida
- 2012 Knowlton, Quebec, Canada
See the NorthAm website for further information.
- European Region - The European Region of ScoutLink holds an "IRC" camp at Easter, in a different country every year:
- 2000 - United Kingdom - IRC-UK
- 2001 - United Kingdom - IRC-UK
- 2002 - The Netherlands - IRCNL
- 2003 - Denmark - IRCScand
- 2004 - Wales, UK - IRCymru
- 2005 - The Netherlands - IRCNL
- 2006 - Belgium - IRCBE
- 2007 - Republic of Ireland - IRC-IE
- 2008 - Germany - IRCDE
- 2009 - Switzerland - IRCCH
- 2010 - Finland - IRC-FI
- 2011 - The Netherlands - IRCNL
- 2012 - Scotland - IRC-Sco
- 2013 - Poland
- 2014 - you? get in touch with you're CC/RC !
The ScoutLink United Kingdom Team also organise a New Years Bash (NYB) in which users from all over Europe (and sometimes the world) gather together in the UK,usually a different location each time, and celebrate the New Year together.
THE PARTICIPANTS OF IRC-DE 2008
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It usIes material from the Wikipedia article "ScoutLink".